Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Fear...

Fear is an emotion I've grown with . A fear of the unknown and the known , of someone, something that probably never exists .
I often ask myself what I'm afraid of - people, places, the unfamilar, a sound, a thought ... .
I've been afraid of ghosts since I was a kid , I'm still scared of sounds, I avoid horror movies...
I'm scared of the dark shadows, of darkness ..
I'm also afraid of greed, of power , of ambition and of praises ..Its an unnerving feeling .
I'm afraid of silence . I'm scared of being alone .
I have also had my silly fears . I'm scared of lizards, dogs, of geysers and strange bathrooms, of lifts and creaking staircases .
But amidst all these I'm scared of my failures , my thoughts ,my actions . I'm scared to face myself .

2 comments:

Aparna Ganguly said...

Wow! I couldn't have been more honest with myself. Thanks for the link. :)

Lakshmi said...

Thanks Aparna..I am really afraid of these things